Sunday, May 3, 2020

Naughty Characters

Well they have done it again. Those naughty characters. I spent the week doing a very rough outline of what I wanted to happen in chapters 9-11. But they just have a mind of their own! It is like raising several more children. You think you know them well, and you have an idea of what they will do next and then they off and travel to a different planet, or fall in love with someone completely different. The ones you thought would be inflexible are being so open minded and the adventurous ones sometimes just want to play it safe. 

I know what you are thinking. No, I have not lost my mind. In fact, it is quite the opposite. I have found it! In case you haven't seen this article floating around the last couple of weeks, take a peek. The Majority of Authors 'Hear' their Characters Speak, finds Study.

The good news is, I am nearly done with chapter 11 and the things I planned out haven't even happened yet. I like this. It means I have more to give my future readers than I ever knew. Maybe it was the change of scenery at my new desk this weekend...




Coming later this week:  My first Insecure Writers Support Group blog entry. I will be participating in their monthly blog hop and talking about the insecurities of being a writer. Get a glimpse into the life of other writers by visiting the badge I include in the post on Wednesday. It is a great way to find new authors you might enjoy. This week we will be talking about getting in the zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment